Monday, May 3, 2010

The Movie That Informed My Youth



Because you asked, Belle is by far my favorite Disney princess. As a kid, I had "Belle's Book of Books," a purple journal in which I chronicled my thoughts on every book I read. I have no idea where this compilation of my earliest literary musings might be, but I would really love to read what I had to say about Francine Pascal's Sweet Valley Twin masterpieces. (I loathed that rich-bitch Lila.)

Anyway, I am hooked on Disney songs this morning, and after re-watching Belle I dig her even more. Belle is super smart, speaks French, hates that douchebag Gaston (any bets in the remake he'll don Christian Audigier's finest graphic tees?), is clearly into beards and hairy chests AND she loves the gays (I'll eat my hat if Lumiere isn't a card carrying man-lover).

To recap: Belle & Books > Gaston and Lila

1 comment:

  1. OMG Belle is my favorite too. Was scarily obsessed with this movie as a child. And I totes agree re: Lila too.

    ReplyDelete