Monday, June 21, 2010

Pride

Like Tracy Turnblad before me, I'm a Baltimore chick who can get down with Different. This weekend was Pride, and the streets of my gayborhood were closed to traffic, open to equality and covered in glitter.

The afternoon kicked off with the discovery of "Beer Light." A sixer cost three dollars, and while it's price tag was certainly alluring, we were more interested in the notion that, in 2010, a product could be brand-less. (I'm lying, it was totally the $.50 per beer part .)
Soon we were good and drunk, and so began the Pride Purchases. Above we have Rob "Everyones Gay on Pride Day!" Tate sporting a rainbow tie, tight white tee and bi-curious smirk...
...And here are Baltimore's Best Mechanical Bull Riders donned in homemade wrist bands, pink snow leopard and rainbow earrings...

...And then there was this guy, who decided on one "statement piece," instead of accessorizing.

Sigh. I wish everyday was Pride day.

No comments:

Post a Comment