Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Crushes

After drooling over the cast of Christopher Nolan's new movie Inception, I got to thinking about my most serious famous-people crushes. I've never been one to find 'obviously' hot dudes very hot (apologies if this offends any past or current boyfriends). In fact, after compiling my list I realized it's comprised completely of nerdy-looking comedic actors, and while I'm not sure if this is solely my preference or influenced by the existing options, only one man on this list happens to be a gentile.

NAME: Seth Meyers. OCCUPATION: Ohhh Seth. Not only does he read the crap out of the cue cards on Weekend Update, he's the head writer at SNL. THING I LOVE MOST: He always looks like he is about to laugh. SUNDAY MORNING WOULD BE : A relaxing urban retreat. Pastries, great coffee, NY Times crossword puzzle, one mimosa each on his roof deck before taking a long walk through a new neighborhood.

NAME: Andy Samberg. OCCUPATION: SNL cast member, Lonely Planet co-creator, Justin Timberlake's muse, owner of a fantastic pair of lips. NERDY THING I LOVE MOST: He shared the love. His two best friends from high school are now writers on SNL and probably get free William Rast clothing on the reg. SUNDAY MORNING would be spent in Lorne Michaels suite at the Waldorf, ordering room service and playing pranks on the bell hops.

NAME: Dustin Hoffman. OCCUPATION: He graduated. NERDY THING I LOVE MOST: Well he's kind of old now. A SUNDAY MORNING WOULD ENTAIL: Shag carpeting, hungover parents and a time machine. I adore present-day Dustin Hoffman, (anyone for I Heart Huckabees?) but dear LORD was he fine in the 60's.

NAME: Joseph Gordon-Levitt. OCCUPATION: Jon Lithgow's syndication cash cow, Indie film darling, clothes hanger. I LOVE how well this man can wear a suit. He always, always, always looks fantastic. And look! He's a smoker! A SUNDAY MORNING WOULD ENTAIL a quick jaunt to an outdoor flea market to hunt for vintage couture, two venti iced coffees to fuel our early afternoon drive to Topanga Canyon for lunch and hiking, and probably a healthy dose of misanthropic people-watching. (I imagine him to be super snarky and cleverly judgmental. Sigh.)

NAME: Marry me. OCCUPATION: Marry me. THING I LOVE MOST: Marry me. A SUNDAY MORNING WOULD ENTAIL: Marrying me.

1 comment: